New England College - Online Master of Science (MS) in Accounting with Optional Forensic Accounting Concentration
The New England College School of Graduate and Professional Studies offers an online Master of Science (MS) in Accounting with an optional concentration in Forensic Accounting. The program is designed to prepare students for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), and Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) exams. Topics covered include taxation, auditing, financial reporting, cost accounting, risk management, mergers, and leadership. The program’s Forensic Accounting concentration combines foundational training in accounting and auditing with specialized coursework in criminal investigation and fraud prevention.
New England College’s online MS in Accounting program has start dates every seven weeks, and the program can be completed in less than two years. There is no residency requirement as the program is 100% online. Each course lasts seven weeks.
New England College uses a Learning Management System (LMS) that provides students with video lectures, interactive assignments, and podcasts on demand. The LMS supports asynchronous instruction, which means that students have 24-7 access to lectures and course materials. Students participate in virtual study groups and post on online discussion boards, which promotes peer/faculty interaction while providing flexibility for working professionals, and are expected to complete weekly assignments that are tracked in the LMS calendar tool.
The online MS in Accounting comprises 40 credits including 24 credits of core courses and 16 credits of major courses or concentration courses. Core courses include: Intermediate Accounting I; Cost Accounting; Government and Non-Profit Reporting; International Accounting; Federal Taxation; and Accounting for Mergers and Acquisitions. Major courses include: Auditing and Attestation; Finance for Leaders; Performance and Ethical Standards of the Audit Professional; and Business Law. The Forensic Accounting concentration replaces the four Accounting major courses with the following four courses: Litigation Services, the Role of the Accountant as an Expert; Business Crime and Ethical Behavior; Internal Audit & Risk Management; and Fraud Risk Management and Interrogation.
New England College is accredited by The New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
New England College: School of Graduate and Professional Studies
MS in Accounting
- Topics covered include taxation, auditing, financial reporting, cost accounting, risk management, mergers, and leadership
- Prepares students for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam, Certified Management Accountant (CMA) exam, Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) exam, and the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) exam
- Online learning promotes peer and faculty interaction while remaining flexible for working professionals
MS in Accounting - Forensic Accounting
- Designed for those interested in criminal investigation and fraud prevention
- Prepares students for the Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) exam
- Online learning promotes peer and faculty interaction while remaning flexible for working professionals